More about Scott Andersen
Scott is a third-generation Chandler native. His grandfather, Tomas S.J. Andersen, left Denmark and purchased a few acres in Chandler and began farming over 110 years ago. His father, Gerald “Jeep” Andersen, continued the farming tradition throughout his life. This heritage helps Scott appreciate SRP’s deep agricultural roots.
In 1997, Scott graduated from Arizona State University with a degree in Economics. In 2000, he received a Juris Doctorate from California Western School of Law. For 22 years, he has practiced law as a civil litigator and specializes in municipal law and construction-related disputes. As an attorney he has:
- Litigated issues involving large municipal water treatment facilities.
- Represented municipal owners in disputes with contractors.
- Drafted easements, including an easement for an electric company to provide access to construct a high-capacity transmission line.
- Negotiated land-purchase agreements with several natural-gas energy companies.
- Drafted lease agreements, including a long-term lease agreement with a renewable energy company.
This experience will add value to SRP’s Council as the Valley continues to grow from a primarily agricultural community—when his grandfather arrived—to one of the most populated areas in the United States.